ACCA Accelerated Work Study Programme (MQF Level 7)€Sponsored
About this course
The MQF Level 7 ACCA Work Study Programme is designed to help you develop your understanding of current practice together with specialist analytical skills and knowledge in a range of aspects of financial management and accounting.
This unique programme offers learners the opportunity to both fast-track their accounting studies as well as apply the skills they learn to the workplace on an apprenticeship basis. The course is made up of two qualifications — the MQF Level 6 Diploma in Professional Accountancy awarded by TQUK and the MQF Level 7 ACCA Professional Qualification awarded by ACCA. The Diploma in Professional Accountancy only takes a year and a half to complete and students are awarded with nine ACCA exemptions once they successfully complete it. Opting for this route of study means that students get to achieve the ACCA qualification much faster than the traditional route which generally takes students an average of 3 to 5 years to successfully complete.
Once students achieve the Diploma in Professional Accountancy, they get to move onto the next stage which is compromised of the ACCA Professional Qualification. The ACCA Professional Qualification is made up of four papers and takes a year to complete. Students who successfully complete all ACCA Professional Papers will earn the full ACCA Qualification which allows them to become warranted accountants. This qualification is currently the only one of its kind worldwide and is an excellent chance for students to obtain knowledge in the classroom, gain skills in the training room and become competent within the workplace. It specifically aims to:
- Provide an intensive, academically demanding and applied programme that both critically evaluates and synthesises current academic concepts, theories, and research to address key issues in accounting and finance.
- Enable students to develop purposefully and refine their own comprehensive ‘toolbox’ of accounting and finance techniques and encouraging them to practice the application of such tools.
- Equip students with specialist analytical skills and knowledge to take advantage of opportunities and minimise threats within the complex real world environment.
- Facilitate students in the development of the deeper subject-specific knowledge and skills in applied settings.
- Setting in place an approach to lifelong learning and the acquisition of skills which will enable you to apply a structured and reflective approach to both personal development and contribution to society.
- Develop students’ problem-solving and decision-making skills and judgment in the field of accounting and finance.
Benefits for individuals:
- An accelerated route to achieving the ACCA Qualification
- An opportunity for students to fast track their careers
- A paid work placement with an industry leader
- Tuition delivered by subject experts
- € 9,050 worth of ACCA tuition sponsored by employers
- Two internationally recognised and accredited qualifications
- A more applied and empowered approach to learning
- Training by industry professionals
Benefits for employers:
- A fully-fledged programme that prepares your new workforce for the work placement
- A fast track to recruit accounting talent
This Professional Qualification is awarded by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) — the leading global body for professional accountants. The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) deems this qualification to be at Level 7 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
Learners should have a background in Accounts/Business Studies or have an A Level in accounts or similar qualification, and be fluent in written and spoken English to enrol in this course.
Candidates need to successfully complete a series of examinations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 2247 0737. Applicants will be provided with a link to complete our online booking form and will be requested to submit any relevant documents required to process the application.
What is the ACCA Accelerated Work Study Programme?
Our ACCA Accelerated Work Study Programme is an opportunity to both learn and apply knowledge within the field of accountancy. This 36 month-long full-time programme offers selected candidates a paid work placement at a leading organisation as well as fully sponsored tuition.
During the first year of this programme successful students will earn a Level 6 MQF Diploma in Professional Accountancy and obtain the Level 6 MQF ACCA Fundamentals Qualification. Students who continue on to the second year will earn a full Level 7 MQF ACCA Professional Qualification allowing them to become warranted accountant.
Who is it for?
This challenging but rewarding programme is ideal for budding accountants who wish to enter the accounting and finance sector and progress to complete the ACCA Professional-level exams.
How does this vary from the traditional ACCA route?
Students commence with an intense three month-long full-time study bootcamp which covers the first three modules of our Level 6 Diploma in Professional Accountancy. These modules give students a sound foundation to then enter the world of work and begin their work placement. The work placement will take place three times a week with the remaining two days dedicated to studying in which students will attend daytime lectures.
Does the ACCA accelerate route prepare students to the same level as other ACCA programmes?
Yes, the ACCA Accelerated Work Study Programme is simply a faster and more intense route for students. The end qualification is the same — students graduate with 13 ACCA exams, 7 of which are received through exemptions. Students who opt for this route also get to earn a fully accredited and internationally recognised TQUK Diploma in Professional Accountancy and benefit from a dual qualification.
Students cover similar hours of tuition to ACCA students. The added value here is that more study time is allocated to students during the week. We believe that students gain a lot from daytime lectures since their evenings and weekends are free.
Are the exams easier?
No, exams sat through TQUK’s Diploma in Professional Accountancy are of the same quality and standard as that of other ACCA exams. Our delivery and assessment for ACCA content needs to be up to 80% similar to all other ACCA exams in order for students to receive ACCA exemptions.
We have gone through a very stringent assessment process with ACCA. We value the integrity of the accountancy profession and want to be sure that our students leave with the same value. Our intention is not to deliver a lower quality or easier programme, instead we aim to add value to the students’ experience by offering our students a structured programme that is integrated with work exposure, sufficient study time, daytime lectures and regular/frequent assessments.
How do the ACCA exemptions work?
Once students successfully complete the Diploma in Professional Accountancy, students will be exempted from 7 ACCA Foundation level exams and move towards the ACCA professional exams.
What if I fail one of the exams?
Just like any other educational institution, we hold resits. Resits are planned into the academic year. Students will not be able to graduate from the first year and move onto the second year of the programme until they have passed all their first year modules. Similarly, students will not get the full ACCA qualification in the second year until they have passed all ACCA Professional papers.
Principles of Accounting
- Understand the role of the accounting function in a business - Understand how financial information is used within a business - Understand financial statements and their interrelationships - Prepare financial statements for specific purposes
Principles of Business Finance
- Understand the importance of finance to businesses - Understand sources of finance - Understand the investment opportunities available to businesses - Understand regulation issues relevant to business finance
Management Accounting and Finance
- Analyse financial data and information - Understand investment appraisal techniques used to evaluate projected financial returns on investment - Understand the use of financial information systems to support senior managers in planning and controlling activities - Understand behavioural aspects of management control systems - Understand the use of performance measurement systems
- Understand techniques used for specialist cost and management accounting - Understand techniques used for decision-making - Understand budgetary control systems - Prepare forecasts and budgets for a business - Understand performance monitoring against budgets within a business
Financial Reporting Processes
- Understand issues in the financial reporting regulatory framework - Understand the characteristics and limitations of financial information - Prepare and present single entity and consolidated financial statements from complete or incomplete records which conform to IFRS - Interpret financial statements - Understand the roles of directors, company secretaries and auditors in the financial management process
Principles and Techniques of Financial Management
- Understand the function of financial management - Understand working capital management techniques - Use working capital management techniques - Perform investment appraisal and draw conclusions - Calculate cash flows for investment projects - Evaluate alternative sources of business finance - Understand how to choose sources of finance and investment - Understand risk management techniques used in financial management
Auditing Principles and Practice
- Understand regulatory and conceptual frameworks of auditing - Understand the principles and practice of planning and conducting audit work - Understand the principles and practice of internal control, internal audit and internal review
Principles and Practice of Business Law
- Understand the legal system and the selected areas of the laws of contract, torts, and employment - Understand legal rules and regulations which apply to business organisations - Understand the relationship between legal rules, which apply to the operation of business organisations - Understand the interactions between legal rules in the operation of business, and business organisations - Understand the principles of securities law - Understand the principles of company law, corporate behaviour and legal liabilities
Principles of Taxation
- Understand the purpose of taxation - Understand the role of taxation legislation, practice and administration - Understand corporation tax calculations - Calculate tax for a company or group of companies - Calculate tax for partnerships and limited liability partnerships - Calculate tax for an individual - Calculate the capital gains tax liability following disposal of different types of assets - Give advice on options for tax planning