ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management (MQF Level 5)€2,525
About this course
The Level 5 ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management qualification is designed to help practising and aspiring middle managers develop their skills and experience, improve their performance and prepare themselves for senior management responsibilities. The qualification is made up of a broad range of modules covering skills in a number of core areas – working with people, managing yourself and personal skills, providing direction, facilitating innovation and change, achieving results, and using resources. Upon completion of this diploma:
Benefits for individuals:
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership and day-to-day management
- Raise your profile in your organisation
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Become a more effective team player
- Benchmark your managerial skills
Benefits for employers:
- Encourage strategic thinking to foster business improvement
ILM views leadership and management through the lens of it unique learning and development model – the ‘Knowing-Doing-Being’ framework. This means that this course does not just simply instruct you academically, but also provides you with alternate routes to learning so that you can develop your potential in a more practical and hands-on manner. The course is comprised of 37 UK credits and can be achieved in 10 months.
This Diploma is awarded by the the City & Guilds of London Institute and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) — the UK’s leading provider of leadership, coaching and management qualifications and training. The National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) deems this Diploma to be at Level 5 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but participants will typically be practising junior or middle managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands and have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme.
To achieve the ILM Diploma in Leadership in Management, candidates need to successfully complete all module assignments. This qualification is assessed via written assignments (1 assignment at the end of each module). There is no overall exam.
€1,768 will be refunded via the Get Qualified Scheme
Pay only €757
- ILM Registration Fee
- Certificate for each module
- Overall qualification certificate
- Networking coffee breaks
- Course material tutorial support notes
- Free ILM membership
This Diploma is designed to help you develop your skills and experience, improve your performance and prepare yourself for senior management responsibilities.
- Understand the importance of effective communication in management - Be able to develop effective communication skills as a reflective manager
Assessing Your Own Leadership Capabilities and Performance
- Understand leadership styles within an organisation - Be able to review effectiveness of own leadership capability and performance in meeting organisational values and goals - Be able to adopt an effective leadership style to motivate staff to achieve organisational values and goals.
Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation
-Understand the effectiveness of own organisation in dealing with workplace stress and conflict - Be able to improve the management of workplace stress and conflict in own area of responsibility
nderstanding the Importance of Marketing in an Organisation
- Understand the market within which an organisation operates - Understand the effectiveness of marketing within own organisation
Leading Innovation and Change
- Understand the need for innovation and change management within an organisation - Be able to propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance - Be able to lead and manage change within an organisation
- Understand human resource planning in an organisation - Be able to plan and implement recruitment in line with legal and organisational requirements
Developing Critical Thinking
- Be able to critically assess own beliefs, attitudes and value systems - Be able to critically assess the validity of management theories in relation to own beliefs, attitudes and values
Understanding Financial Management
- Understand finance within the context of an organisation - Understand the value of recording financial management information - Understand budgets for the management of own area of operation
Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance
- Understand the specific responsibilities of middle managers in enabling an organisation to achieve its goals - Understand how communication and interpersonal skills affect managerial performance in the workplace - Be able to assess personal development opportunities to improve own managerial performance