ACCA Accelerated Work Study Programmepublished on 16 Jul 2018
Because the ACCA Qualification creates strategic thinkers who understand business needs, employers all over the world are always seeking out ACCA members to take their organisations into the future. The good news is that when individuals join the Accelerated Work Study Programme, they get to leap ahead on their journey to becoming a chartered certified finance and accounting professional.
What is the ACCA Accelerated Work Study Programme?
Our new ACCA Accelerated Work Study Programme is currently the only one of its kind locally. The qualification is based on the apprenticeship model of education and aims to set new standards for employers seeking to recruit exceptional accounting talent. Learners will develop an understanding of current practice together with specialist analytical skills and knowledge in a range of aspects of financial management and accounting. Through this programme's blended work study approach, employers get the chance to plug the skills gap currently predominant in the employment arena and mould and develop their future accounting talent from day one.
What is our offer?
The Academy of Business Leaders has partnered up with Konnekt and Jobsinmalta.com to recruit students for this programme. Companies have two recruitment options - they can either opt to use the sourcing solution of the Academy, or recruit students directly. Companies which opt to use the Academy sourcing solution will have their branding displayed and advertised on the jobsinmalta.com portals.
The programme completion is two years:
Year 1 of the course is made up of the Diploma in Professional Accountancy (MQF Level 6) accredited by TQUK and the commencement of the job placement and is split between 2 days of study and 3 days of work.
Year 2 of the course is comprised of the ACCA Professional-level exams and the continuation of the job placement and is split between 1 day of study and 4 days of work.
This qualification specifically aims to:
- Provide an intensive, academically demanding and applied programme that both critically evaluates and synthesises current academic concepts, theories and research to address key issues in accounting and finance.
- Enable students to develop purposefully and refine their own comprehensive ‘toolbox’ of accounting and finance techniques and encouraging them to practice the application of such tools.
- Equip students with specialist analytical skills and knowledge to take advantage of opportunities and minimise threats within the complex real world environment.
- Facilitate students in the development of the deeper subject specific knowledge and skills in applied settings.
- Setting in place an approach to life-long learning and the acquisition of skills which will enable you to apply a structured and reflective approach to both personal development and contribution to society.
- Develop students’ problem-solving and decision-making skills and judgment in the field of accounting and finance.
Benefits for individuals
- A more applied and empowered approach to learning, allowing students to be assessed both by assignment and examination.
- An opportunity for students to fast track their accounting and finance career through support provided by tutors.
- A diploma delivered by subject experts who work in key roles within the accounting field.
- Training by industry professionals to develop the soft skills for that extra edge.
- A fully-fledged programme that leads to ACCA accreditation.
- A paid work placement with an industry leader.
Benefits for employers
- Fully fledged programme that prepares your new workforce for the work placement.
- A great solution to attract recruits who may otherwise have opted for full time study.
- A fast track to recruit talent and immerse new employees into the workforce whilst still building their knowledge and skills.
Want to partner up with us? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 22470735 to learn more about this business opportunity.
Download our brochure: /files/download/documents/ACCA AWSP Employer Brochure.pdf